Friday, September 01, 2006

On the Job Front

Still no jobs to report, though it hasn't been for lack of looking. I feel like I've sent my resume hundreds of places - it's hard to find places that pay enough and aren't totally boring positions. Know of anything I should try?

I finished going through the hoops to be an animal keeper volunteer at the Zoo in Los Angeles, but I've had to pull a few strings just to get that moving. The Zoo is run by the City, who requires tons of paperwork, fingerprinting downtown, background checking, a paystub to verify my previous work experience, proof of a TB test, references, and a three hour orientation just to be a volunteer! I was able to bypass the interview part (which they initially said wouldn't be scheduled until December or January) because I've been in contact with a current keeper and several other inter-zoo referrals to convince the volunteer guy I was experienced enough. At least all these formalities have a good payoff - I get to stay around animals! :)

2 comments:

Angel Feathers Tickle Me said...

Love to all.........

Kimberly Ann said...

their process is so crazy... just to volunteer, too! they'll watch you work and hire you full time on the spot :-)