Friday, October 20, 2006

JOB!!!

I know I haven't been alone among Fuller spouses who are job-searching to find walls/no-responses everywhere you apply in this area. It's been unbelievable how hard it is to find a job in L.A. that pays what we need for the cost of living here.

And now, finally, I have good news about my search - I HAVE A JOB!!

After an uncomfortable morning interview at Jon's school (I just couldn't "connect" with the two people interviewing me), it was reassuring when I got a phone call from an autism therapy clinic wanting to schedule a time to meet with me for the administrative position at their new Arcadia office.

Wednesday morning, I left Pasadena to head to Culver City (where the therapy center has their main office) at 9am for my 10am appointment. Traffic was so horrible that I didn't get there until 10:25! Thankfully, I called at 9:30 to warn them and apologize that I'd already spent a half hour in traffic (the entire drive was only "supposed" to take 30 minutes, according to Google maps). They were understanding, and actually, when I arrived, the delay had worked out better for the man interviewing me. The interview felt comfortable, and in the back of my mind I had this peace, "I think they'll hire me". That feeling was confirmed this morning with a phone call from him. They want me to start next week!

No comments: