Tuesday, July 29, 2008

First Earthquake

Well, I suppose it was inevitable that we would feel an earthquake at some point in our L.A. tenure... Today was it! I made a map to show where we were in relation to where it started... (You might need to drag to the right to view it all.)


View Larger Map


It felt like it lasted 10 seconds, but that could also have been because I work on the 2nd floor of an office building. (We might've been swaying longer than the actual quake.) Jon said it only felt like 2 seconds where he was (on the first floor of a clinic).

I always thought being in an earthquake would feel more like vibrations, but it seemed more like my office was being picked up and swayed and twisted around. I don't have anything on the walls, so I stayed planted in my chair until it was over. When it stopped, everyone at my office came out into the hallway and was like, "woah - that was crazy".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I almost called you and Jon for a phone interview, but we had plenty of other "survivors."

glad you are both ok.